GPS Memory Stick 5. Electrical equipment that warns you of danger, es-
pecially by making a loud noise when you feel sleepy.
6. A mobile computing device, larger than a mobile
phone, that can browse the internet, handle e-mail,
play music and video, and display e-books. The user
controls it by touching the screen.
Electron Microscope The Internet 7. A system for finding exactly where you are any-
where in the world using satellites.
8. A machine used for cutting grass.
MP3 player Remote Con- trol 9. A very powerful a piece of equipment for looking
at things that are too small to see normally that uses
waves of electrons instead of light.
4. Choose the phrase that best completes each sentence. The concept of innovation is quite
(1) diverse / monotonous , depending
mainly on its application. Briefly, we believe that innovation is the
(2) suc- cessful / disappointing exploitation of new ideas. And companies’ success,
for example, means
(3) decreased / increased revenues, access to
(4) obso- lete / new markets, increased profit margins, among other benefits.
Among the different possibilities
(5) to innovate / to discover , those re-
lated to product or process innovations are known as technological innova-
(6) Other / No more types of innovations can relate to new markets,
new business models, new processes and organizational methods. Or even
new sources of supply.
People often confuse innovation and innovation processes with con-
tinuous improvement and processes related to this topic. For an innovation
to be characterized as such, it must cause a
(7) significant impact / low effect on the pricing structure, in the market share, in the company’s reve-
(8) always able to / are not usually able to create competitive advantages of medium to long term, but they are able to
maintain the competitiveness of the products in terms of cost.