2. How do computers represent data digitally?
3. How can a computer represent words and letters using bits?
4. How does a computer convert music and pictures into codes?
5. When a computer works with a series of 1s and 0s, how does it know which
code to use?
6. How can you tell the difference between bits and bytes?
7. What do the prefixes kilo-, mega- and giga- mean?
8. How does a computer store and transport all those bits?
9. What’s a computer chip?
10. What provides connectivity between all the constituent parts of the computer?
Pre-reading. Match the English words with their Russian equivalents.