Answer the questions in pairs first, then have it as a class..
How many hours a day do you spend
listening to radio?
surfing the Net?
Which of the media do you consider the most reliable source of information?
Оқушылар берілген сұрақтарға жауап береді.
Exercise 2 Read the text and answer the questions
Mass media includes all the “tools” we have for communicating with large numbers of people… televisions, radio, films, on-line services, magazines and newspapers. All carry messages that reach masses of people in contrast to letters, telephone calls and one-to-one conversations known interpersonal media
The mass media refers to the people and organizations that provide news and Information for the public. So far, these were mainly newspapers, television, and radio. Today computers play a very big role. The Internet is a computer system that lets people receive and exchange information about anything. Ordinary post has been taken over by e-mail which stands for electronic mail because it is sent and received via a computer. It allows people to send messages to each other quickly and cheaply. Ordinary post is now called “snail male” and one wonders if the postman’s is a job under the threat of extinction.
IҮ. Work in pairs
Questions for student A pg. 155
1. What images come you to mind when you hear the word “media”?
2. What is the media?
3. Do you think the media have too much power?
4. What are the good and the bad things about the media in your country?
5. Do you always believe the media?
6. How is the today’s media different from that of 30 years ago?
Questions for student B.
1. Would you like to work for the media?
2. What do you think of the mass media?
3. Why do people hear the media?
4. Do you think the media tries to change people’s views?
5. Is it a good idea for a country’s media to be controlled by the government?
6. Do you trust the media?
Exercise 3 Read and try to use them
I think…, in my opinion…, I’d prefer…, As far as I’m concerned…
I don’t think that…, don’t you think it would be better…, I’m afraid I don’t agree
Жаттығуларды мұқият орындайды.
Сергіту сәтін жасауға тапсырма береді.
Дене жаттығуларын жасайды.
Мұғалім ортада тұрған қаламсаптардың ішінен біреуін таңдап, сол қаламсаптың иесіне сұрақ қояды.