Байланысты: Английский язык - Технологии и инновации (1)
2. Find the words in the text that mean the following: 1. Joseph Schumpeter analyzed the ideas of the businessmen, who made
innovative products and services in order to develop an economic system.
2. From Schumpeter’s point of view creative disrupting the markets was
effective because it contributed to the positive economic developing of
3. Creative distraction of the market shows that the businesses could sustain
losses when their products were not popular with the customers.
4. The new product or service is innovative not for the people buying it but
for the entrepreneurs sailing the disrupted product.
5. Collaboration between the businesses and educational institutions con-
tributes to developing the disrupted technologies.
3.1. Do you know the difference in meaning between these words? discover innovate invent design develop 3.2. Match the words in activity 3.1 with their definitions. 1. to make or draw plans for something
2. to find information, a place or an object, especially for the first time
3. to bring something into existence, to start to happen: to grow or change
into a more advanced, larger or stronger form
4. to create something which has never been made before
5. to produce changes and new ideas
4. Fill in the gaps using the words given in activity 3. 1. Alfred Nobel … … … … … dynamite.
2. As technology … … … … … , we may find better solutions to diseases
such as AIDS.
3. The company … … … … … a new operating system.
4. The bridge was … … … … … by John Rennie.
5. William Herschel … … … … … Uranus in 1781.
5. Decide if these statements are true or false. Give the reasons for your